Vacationing at Walt Disney World is an experience like no other. Their theme parks boast unique rides, attractions, and activities you won't find anywhere else in the world. Disney World tends to be a very sunny place, and once in a while it's nice to continue the fun a cooler, wetter environment... Families looking to keep cool while they enjoy the sun will definitely want to check out Typhoon Lagoon!
Disney's Typhoon Lagoon is one of two incredible water parks. Like all of Disney's other theme parks, Typhoon Lagoon is bursting with vibrant props and delightful decor that creates an enchanting atmosphere. Enter the unique world of this tropical island filled with shipwrecked items and colorful characters.
Embrace the Thrills
These rides were made for the thrill-seekers in any family:
- Humunga Kowabunga. Plunge into a shadowy abyss on this slide featuring a very dark, 5-story drop.
- Crush 'N' Gusher. This unique 2-person tube slide speeds uphill and around corners as riders plummet through "fruit chutes". Riders can choose from the Pineapple Plunger, Coconut Crusher, or Banana Blaster.
- Keelhaul Falls. Speed past boulders as your raft spins, twists, and turns down this single-rider falls adventure.
- Mayday Falls. The most intense of the falls, Mayday Falls sends single riders on an extreme river-rafting ride driven by powerful rushing waters.
- Storm Slides. Choose Jib Jammer, Stern Burner, or Rudder Buster for a speedy body slide experience ending with a splash in a beautiful grotto.
- Typhoon Lagoon Surf Pool. Tackle giant, 6-foot waves as they thunder across this incredible wave pool.
Have Fun with a Group
Get the family together for a thrilling experience on these fun group rides:
- Gangplank Falls. There's room for four on this intense rush down the mountain. Pass under bridges and through waterfalls as the rushing water carries you down this 300-foot water slide.
- Miss Adventure Falls. Perfect for families, this 4-person ride combines the fun of Disney's interactive props and the excitement of a wet and wild adventure.
Relax and Chill
Guests looking for a more relaxing experience will want to visit these areas of the park:
- Castaway Creek. Let the gentle flow of this lazy river lull you into a state of deep relaxation. Drift along 2,000 feet of cascading waterfalls, refreshing mist, and gorgeous rainforest greenery.
- Bay Slides. Wait at the bottom as your toddlers enjoy their very own gentle water slides! The Bay Slides are a perfect alternative for little ones, and the slides end in a shallow pool in a shallow, gentle area of the surf pool.
- Ketchakiddee Creek. This area was created specifically for younger guests. Watch as your little one has a fabulous time splashing around in adorable animal-shaped fountains and scooping some sand on the mini beach. Watch out or they might blast you with the tugboat's water cannon!
Visit Lilo and Stitch
If you're visiting Typhoon Lagoon in the summer, you can meet this wacky duo. Lilo and Stitch spend their summer months taking in all the fun of the sand and surf, and they just can't wait to meet all of the lagoon's visitors.
Grab a Bite
Tummy rumbling? It's time to grab some grub at these exceptional eateries:
- Happy Landings Ice Cream. We all love ice cream, and this colorful beach hut is the place to find it. Enjoy a traditional float or try one of their innovative ice cream creations.
- Leaning Palms. You can grab a quick bite of your favorites at this location, including burgers, fries, and chicken tenders.
- Let's Go Slurpin'. This beach-side bar offers a variety of delicious drinks that you can enjoy while lounging in the sun.
- Lowtide Lou's. Lowtide Lou's is the best place to grab a fresh and tasty sandwich or wrap, paired with chips and your favorite beer.
- Snack Shack. Stop at the counter of this tiny beach hut for a tasty snack, including sandwiches, salads, dessert, and drinks.
- Typhoon Tilly's. Beachy favorites like fried shrimp and fish are served here. You can also enjoy mouthwatering BBQ pork along with a wide selection of desserts.
Escape the Sun
If you need to relax in the shade, Typhoon Lagoon has you covered:
- Beachcomber Shacks. Have your own little beach party at the Beachcomber Shacks. These reserved areas provide a spacious place for parties of six to relax and take a break from the sun and surf. Amenities at the Beachcomber Shacks include towels, lockers, coolers, and comfy seating. Attendants are available to take food orders so you don't even have to leave to pick up food!
- Getaway Glen Umbrellas. These shady spots are a great place for groups of four to kick back and chill. Guests will enjoy lounge and beach chairs, drink tables, and towels.
Learn to Surf
Typhoon Lagoon is happy to offer guests the opportunity to learn how to surf like a pro! Private sessions take place before the park opens or after it closes. Each private session is three hours long and provides you with plenty of one-on-one attention to help you perfect your technique.
Regular classes are held before the park opens. These lessons include a continental breakfast and digital photography. After the lesson is over, be sure to take home your incredible photos!
Typhoon Lagoon is a fantastic water park boasting rides and fun for every member of your family. Thrilling slides, relaxing rivers, and delicious dining will guarantee your family has an awesome, memorable time at this Disney water park.