Disney's Animal Kingdom is one of the smaller parks and one that, with proper planning, can be completed in one day. Follow the guide below to plan your day.
Related Blog: A Guide to Disney’s FastPass+ for Your Next Orlando Vacation
Where to Head to First:
- As soon as you get into the park check out the timing of the shows - Festival of the Lion King, Flights of Wonder and the musical, Finding Nemo.
- Try to get your fastpass for Kilimanjaro Safari as early as possible, this will enable you to see more of the animals before the midday sun.
- Use your three fastpasses for Kilimanjaro Safari, Kali River Rapids and Expedition Everest, in that order, as these are the rides with the heaviest queues.
- After you have used your three fastpasses, head to Dinosaur. This ride moves quickly and can be a much needed break from the heat.
- Leave your last event of the day to be It's Tough to be a Bug. When you exit this show make sure you get some pictures with the tree of life. Most people do this first - which can cause some heavy lines - so save it until the end and it will be much easier.
The main attractions are:
- Expedition Everest
- Kali River Rapids
- Kilimanjaro Safari
- It's Tough to be a Bug 3D show
- Finding Nemo musical
- Flights of Wonder
- Festival of the Lion King
If you are wanting to book somewhere lovely for lunch the Yak and Yeti has a beautiful menu. If you are saving up for a well deserved dinner head to Tiffins to stay with the park’s theme of African, Indian & South American cuisine. Another favorite is the Rainforest Cafe located just outside of the Animal Kingdom.