Disney's Animal Kingdom is one of the smaller parks and one that, with proper planning, can be completed in one day. Follow the guide below to plan your day.
Where to Head to First:
- As soon as you get into the park check out the timing of the shows - Festival of the Lion King, Flights of Wonder and the musical, Finding Nemo.
- Try to get your fastpass for Kilimanjaro Safari as early as possible, this will enable you to see more of the animals before the midday sun.
- Use your three fastpasses for Kilimanjaro Safari, Kali River Rapids and Expedition Everest, in that order, as these are the rides with the heaviest queues.
- After you have used your three fastpasses, head to Dinosaur. This ride moves quickly and can be a much needed break from the heat.
- Leave your last event of the day to be It's Tough to be a Bug. When you exit this show make sure you get some pictures with the tree of life. Most people do this first - which can cause some heavy lines - so save it until the end and it will be much easier.
The Main Attractions:
- Expedition Everest
- Kali River Rapids
- Kilimanjaro Safari
- It's Tough to be a Bug 3D show
- Finding Nemo musical
- Flights of Wonder
- Festival of the Lion King
If you are wanting to book somewhere lovely for lunch the Yak and Yeti has a beautiful menu. If you are saving up for a well deserved dinner head to Tiffins to stay with the park’s theme of African, Indian & South American cuisine. Another favorite is the Rainforest Cafe located just outside of the Animal Kingdom.