Universal Orlando's newest theme park is not just more of the same. While Universal Studios Florida and Islands of Adventure focus on thrill rides that put you in the middle of your favorite movies, Volcano Bay is a water park that offers a perfect balance of relaxation and excitement. Step into Volcano Bay and you'll be surrounded by a lush tropical paradise as you kick back in your cabana, rush down a roaring water slide, or splash in the waves of Waturi Beach. At the center of it all is the towering Krakatau Volcano, home to one of the most thrilling rides in the park.
As different as it is from its sister parks, Volcano Bay does have one thing in common with its predecessors: it has no shortage of thrill rides. The park boasts 19 attractions ranging from classic water slides to innovative aqua coasters. Some of the highlights include:
- Krakatau Aqua Coaster, your canoe will venture deep into the mysterious heart of Krakatau itself before taking a steep drop down a misty waterfall.
- Kala & Tai Nui Serpentine Body Slides will have you stand on trap doors atop Krakatau before plunging down into the waters below.
- Ko'okiri Body Plunge features an electrifying 70-degree descent down 125 feet of slide.
- The name of the Honu of the Honu ika Moana slide may be a mouthful, but what's more intimidating is its height. On this slide, you'll board a multi-person raft and be swept up and down the massive walls of a twisting structure that overlooks the rest of the park.
Never Wait in Line
The worst part of any theme park experience is waiting in line. Thankfully, Volcano Bay has done away with physical lines in favor of virtual ones. With the TapuTapu wearable, you receive on entrance, you'll be able to tap any ride's kiosk to reserve a spot in line. While you're waiting, you can enjoy a variety of other activities.
- Splash around in the realistic waves of Waturi Beach.
- Soak up some sun as you drift around the Kopiko Wai Winding River on a raft.
- Explore the many lagoons, pools, and reefs for some lower-key water activity.
- Hop on any slide that doesn't currently have a wait time.
When you get hungry from all your splashing around, you won't have to walk far to find one of Volcano Bay's four restaurants.
- Kohola Reef Restaurant offers beachfront views and island eats at the base of the volcano. The coconut-encrusted chicken comes highly recommended.
- Bambu sits in a shaded bamboo grove and features imaginative tropical takes on classics burgers and hot dogs.
- Whakawaiwai Eats serves a huge selection of grab-and-go items, along with sit-down options such as longboard flatbread pizzas.
- Ever eaten inside a frog? At The Feasting Frog, you'll enjoy tasty tacos and snacks under the whimsical amphibian architecture.
For the adults in the group, there are also several bars where you can get your fix of cocktails and frozen beverages.
Relax in a Luxurious Cabana
Aside from its innovative rides and lack of waiting around, another thing that differentiates Volcano Bay is its focus on relaxation. You can reserve your own cabana anywhere in the park, which offers the ultimate in-park relaxation spot. Your new home base includes comfortable chairs, a refrigerator stocked with water and snacks, and food delivery service.
And at park close, when you return to your other home base, you shouldn't have to give up this sort of private luxury. Jeeves Florida Rentals offers beautiful mansions and rental homes, which are the perfect private getaway for families and groups of all sizes.