As soon as you enter Universal Studios, you'll walk through Production Central, which is home to some of the most popular attractions in the entire park.
- Despicable Me Minion Mayhem is an extremely popular simulator ride that allows you to enter the world of Despicable Me along with Gru and his tiny yellow minions.
- Hollywood Rip Ride Rocket is the only traditional exposed-track roller coaster in the park. The fun thing about this ride, aside from its near-90-degree drop, is that you get to select a song to listen to. Upon exiting, you can even purchase a "music video" of your reactions to the drops, timed to the song you selected.
Other attractions in this area include a Transformers ride and interactive character experience and a Shrek show.
The Wizarding World of Harry Potter
At the opposite end of the park, you'll find one of the biggest draws of Universal Orlando Resort. Turn the corner from an accurate facade of London and you'll suddenly find yourself immersed in Diagon Alley. This immaculately-detailed corner of the park is wildly popular with Harry Potter fans and non-fans alike. Highlights include:
- Harry Potter and The Escape From Gringotts allows you to take a bank elevator deep into the heart of Gringotts bank, after which you'll follow Harry, Ron, and Hermione on a runaway minecart facing dangers including evil wizards and creatures.
- Ollivanders Wand Shop offers a wand selection ceremony and also sells wands that allow you to interact with certain elements of the park, causing magical effects.
- The Hogwarts Express train ride allows guests with a park-to-park pass to take a ride aboard the famous train to visit Hogsmeade Village at Islands of Adventure. You'll embark from King's Cross Station.
You'll also find shops and restaurants straight out of the movies and plenty of surprises. Don't forget to try the Butterbeer!
New York and San Francisco
Between Production Central and the Wizarding World, you'll find two regions of the park detailed like historic New York and San Francisco. In these areas, you'll find many of the park's dining options, along with rides such as:
- Revenge of the Mummy is another of the park's flagship attractions. What starts as a creepy exploration quickly turns into a horror-fueled dark coaster after you upset an ancient curse.
- Race Through New York Starring Jimmy Fallon is the comedian's own ride that offers stunning visuals of the Big Apple.
- Fast & Furious: Supercharged takes you along with the movie characters on a high-speed chase.
Springfield: Home of the Simpsons
Pushing past the Wizarding World, you'll step right into the animated world of the Simpsons. This region recreates of the show's zany aesthetic and features a number of carnival games and food trucks. It also, fittingly, includes The Simpsons Ride, which is a massive simulator ride that satirizes the entire park in the style of the Simpsons.
There's plenty more to explore at Universal Studios Florida in the smaller areas of the park.
The World Expo features a fun shoot-em-up ride in the style of Men in Black.
Woody Woodpecker's Kid Zone offers fun for the younger fans including a number of kiddie rides and character experiences.
There are also shows spread throughout the park, including a live version of Fear Factor and a Horror Makeup Show. Of course, no day at the theme parks would be complete without fireworks, and Universal Studios Florida puts on a cinematic celebration that lacks nothing in firepower.
Planning Your Visit
If you're ready to book your trip to Universal Studios Florida, don't forget about Jeeves Florida Rentals. We offer beautiful rental homes and mansions right near the action of the theme parks.